T-TEL is a six-year programme, funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) as part of its Girls Participatory Approaches to Students Success (G-PASS) programme and managed by Cambridge Education.
- Training and coaching for CoE tutors in Mathematics, English and Science, and eventually generic materials for all tutors;
- Support to the management of CoEs and training of its Principals;
- Support to reform the pre-service curriculum;
- Support to develop more effective student practicums;
- Work with MoE and regulatory bodies on the implementation of existing policies for teacher education;
- A Challenge Fund to which CoEs and their partner districts and schools will be able to apply to carry out innovative initiatives;
- A set of incentives for each CoE to improve their management and training delivery.
To Read more about T-Tel visit www.t-tel.org
Transforming Teacher Education and learning (T-Tel)
Accra College of Education, Accra
Foso College of Education has agreed with Accra College of Education to work together to promote the following:
- Staff exchanges;
- Collaboration in teaching, research and development and consultancy studies in the field of mutual interest.
- Exchange academic materials and publications.
- Undertake joint research.
- Co-supervise student teachers.
- Attachment of staff for the purpose of attendance of courses, upgrading of teaching and research skills
- Exchange student teachers
The College works in close collaboration with the following state institutions;
- Ministry of Education
- National Accreditation Board
- National Council for Tertiary Education
University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast
Foso College of Education is affiliated to University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast.
The College has made available to, the Institute of Educational Development and Extension (IEDE), University of Education, Winneba, its staff and facilities for IEDE to run Diploma in Basic Education and Bachelor of Education (Basic Education) by distance.
University of Education, Winneba
Ghana National Fire Service, Assin Foso Fire Station
Foso College of Education in collaboration with Ghana National Fire Service, Assin Foso Station, offer fire safety training for the College Community. The Fire Station has been installing and maintaining fire safety equipment on campus.